TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read completely before submitting your application / registration for any course. These conditions apply whether you read them or not. Once you have submitted the application or registered for a course we (Sthira Yoga) assume that you have read all the conditions and accepted them fully.
I understand that :
1. The Website and its Contents are owned by Sthira Yoga. The term “I” refers to the user or viewer or subscriber of www.sthirayoga.com; courses.sthirayoga.com and all other sub domains of sthirayoga.com (referred as “Website”); and “Courses” through it. Yoga teacher training, workshop, yoga retreat, or any similar yoga related event, as the case may be herein referred to as the “Event”. “Yoga class” refers to Meditation, Pranayama, Asana, Chanting, Philosophy, Hands on adjustments, Kirtan, Satsangs, exercise or event (including social or spiritual events), and any other related yoga activity offered by Sthira Yoga. “Course” include online courses as well.
2. I understand that Sthira Yoga reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions on the Website at any time without notice, and by using the Website and its Content I am agreeing to the T&C as they appear, whether or not I have read them.
3. Refund Policy
3.A) I consider myself as a responsible and discerning individual. Before subscribing to any Course I am thoroughly looking into all the aspects connected to it. Once I subscribed to any online course or courses, there shall be no refund of the fee paid therein. I understand that fees are non refundable, non cancellable, and non transferable to another person, unless otherwise agreed by Sthira Yoga. I also acknowledge that I am responsible for any fee associated with my online payments to Sthira Yoga.
3.B) I understand and agree that for regular courses, the advance deposit paid to book my place is non-refundable, non-cancellable and non-transferable to another person under any circumstances, unless pre-approved by Sthira Yoga’s management team, in writing. This deposit, can be transferred to any other course on any other date within any period of time as long as I inform Sthira Yoga at least one month in advance and get the approval in writing.
3.C) Balance course fee: Is to be paid upon arrival to Sthira Yoga location (wherever the physical courses are conducted) by Card/Cash. If I cannot join the course for some reason, I am not liable to pay the remaining course fee.
3.D) If I have paid the full course fee, I can request a refund (minus the advance deposit + transaction charges) one month in advance of the course start date. After this time period, refunds and cancellations are not possible.
4. If I am joining in any “Event” or “Yoga Class” or “Course” organized by Sthira Yoga, I voluntarily and willingly choose to participate in the classes. I recognize that the Event, Yoga Class or Course in which I will be participating may require physical and mental exertion. I further understand and acknowledge that despite the great amount of care that Sthira Yoga and its staff is taking, the Event, Yoga Classes or Course may expose me to many inherent risks, including accidents, injury, illness, and so forth. I assume all risk of injuries associated with my participation, including but not limited to injuries, strains, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat and/or humidity, contact with nature/animals, local food, and all other such risks being known and appreciated by me.
5. I understand that it is my full responsibility to consult a physician/doctor prior to and regarding my participation in the Event, the Yoga Classes or Course, and I understand Sthira Yoga has no medical obligation/responsibility upon its students, and there is no medical staff in the premises. Any hospital, clinic or local doctor I may need to attend to are not related to Sthira Yoga, and therefore Sthira Yoga is not responsible for any medical approach received privately outside the premises.
6. I declare that I am physically fit and I have no medical condition, which would prevent my full participation in the Event, Yoga Class and Course I have applied to join. In case of having a previous injury, I am totally responsible for the outcome of my participation in the Event and/or Yoga Class, and I don’t expect Sthira Yoga, or any of its teachers to provide me any consultation, treatment or recommendation for my physical condition, at any given time of the Event/Yoga Classes.
7. I understand that in the event of any injury, in need to consult a doctor, or in need of hospitalization, I shall be responsible for my own treatment and for any fees or amounts related to such consultation or hospitalization. I also understand that Sthira Yoga can facilitate the contact with external medical resources, but it is not Sthira Yoga’s responsibility to acquire/arrange these services for me. I also acknowledge that teaching staff are highly qualified in their area but they cannot provide any diagnosis and/or treatment.
8. If I am pregnant, I understand that I participate fully at my own risk and that of my unborn child/children. Also, if I have any injury or problem whatsoever (including but not limited to injuries, heart problems, back or neck problems, asthma, epilepsy, ulcer, hernia, high blood pressure, and so forth), I understand that I may be not fit to participate in certain Event or Yoga Class or Course, in which case I will inform Sthira Yoga immediately of such condition, and Sthira Yoga shall have the full authority to prohibit me from participating in such Yoga Classes, if need be. In any case, whether I have disclosed or have not disclosed such injury or problem, I understand that if despite my injury or problem I still decide to participate in the Yoga Class or Event or Course, I would be participating fully at my own risk.
9. I understand that from time to time during Yoga Classes, the instructor may physically adjust students’ form and posture, and I hereby accept receiving such adjustments. If I do not want such physical adjustments for any reason whatsoever, notably because of an injury, or any other personal reason, I will so inform the instructor at each class I attend. I also acknowledge that if I do wish to receive such adjustments, it is my responsibility to inform the instructor when an adjustment has gone as far as I desire at that time.
10. I hereby take full and sole responsibility from any liability of loss or damage to personal property associated with the Event, the Yoga Class or any other events held by Sthira Yoga.
11. I understand and agree that Sthira Yoga may from time to time, as it deems fit, change the course content, schedule, teachers, and any other academic, methodological, technical, or logistic aspect of the Event I am participating in, without previous notice.
12. As a student of Sthira Yoga’s training course or courses, I understand that Sthira Yoga is collecting information regarding
a) Name and an email address so that Sthira Yoga can deliver newsletter to me – I am affirmatively consenting to this by providing this to Sthira Yoga through contact forms.
b) Billing information including name, address and credit card information so that Sthira Yoga or any online platform like PayPal or Podia.com can process payment to deliver products or services to me.
c) A name and an email address when I complete my contact form with a question. Sthira Yoga may send me marketing emails either with my consent or if Sthira Yoga believes that they have a legitimate interest to contact me based on my contact or question.
e) I give consent to my contact details (name, email and phone number) being passed onto your partners like Yoga Alliance or Yoga Alliance Professionals, so they can contact me directly and invite me to register as a Trainee and Teacher. And I understand that I have the option of opting out of this registration process.
13. In the physical courses or Retreats, I acknowledge that Sthira Yoga may take photographs or/and videos of the Event that may include me, and I hereby represent that I have no objection of Sthira Yoga taking such photographs or/and videos. I authorize Sthira Yoga, its assignees and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that Sthira Yoga may use such photographs and/or videos of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content. I also understand, I can take my own pictures and videos, to post on my personal Social Media, only if all my classmates and teachers agree and feel comfortable with me posting these pictures on public posts on my wall.
14. In an online course, I consent to record zoom / any live classes and their sharing in the group or outside the group, if the lead teacher feels that, that will add value to the course content. Recording of live classes is completely at the discretion and authority of the management of Sthira Yoga only.
15. When I purchase or access Sthira Yoga Website or any of its Contents, I agree that I will not copy, duplicate or steal the Website contents. I understand that doing anything with the Website or its Content that is contrary to these T&C and the limited license I am provided herein is considered a violation, and Sthira Yoga reserves the right to cancel the entry of me to a course and prosecute for the violation according to the full extent of the law.
16. I understand that i must receive written permission before using any of the Website Contents for my own business use or before sharing with others. This means that I will not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, market, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium (including by email, website, link or any other electronic means) any Website Content because that is considered stealing Sthira Yoga work.
17. I understand that there are no warranties related to the performance or operation of my website or the courses operated through the website or promoted by the website of Sthira Yoga. I understand and fully accept that Sthira yoga makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the information, content, materials, programs, products or services included on or through the website to the full extent permissible by applicable law.
18. I understand and give benefit of doubt to Sthira yoga that every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information shared on or through the Website or courses, the information may inadvertently contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. I agree that Sthira Yoga or it’s teachers, staff or representatives are not responsible for the views, opinions, or accuracy of facts referenced on or through this Website or courses, or of those of any other individual or company affiliated with this business. Because scientific, technology and business practices are constantly evolving, I agree that Sthira yoga or it’s teachers, management or staff are not responsible for the accuracy of the Website, or for any errors or omissions that may occur.
19. I agree that references or links in this Website or Courses to the information, opinions, advice, programs, products or services of any other individual, business or entity does not constitute Sthira Yoga’s formal endorsement. Sthira Yoga is merely sharing information for the benefit of the students’ self-help only. Sthira yoga is not responsible for the website content, courses, blogs, e-mails, videos, social media, programs, products and/or services of any other person, business or entity that may be linked or referenced through the Website or Courses. Conversely, should this Website link appear in any other individual’s, business’s or entity’s website, program, product or services, it does not constitute Sthira Yoga’s formal endorsement of them, their business or their website either.
After having read this waiver and knowing these facts, and in consideration of my participation in the Event, I agree, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, to HOLD HARMLESS, WAIVE, RELEASE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Sthira Yoga, its trainers, its officers, agents, employees, organizers, representatives, and successors from any responsibility, liabilities, demands, actions, or claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, while participating in the Course, Yoga Class, Event or Retreat or in any of Sthira Yoga’s activities, or while in, on or upon the premises where the activity is being conducted.